Sunday, August 30, 2020

Kitchen Counter Top

We have had a few hic cups with our counter tops. We ordered a top called "Heavenly" and we wanted it finished in a leather finish. The store had 4 pieces that we absolutely loved. However they were already sold. So the company was going to order some more in for us. The week we were scheduled for the install we got word our granite wasn't on the shipment they had received. However it would be in the following week. That next week it didn't come in again! What a disappointment! We were finally told that because of Covid the company really had no idea if or when we get our order. It could be the following week, it could be 3 months. We had already waited 2 weeks and so with the unknown we decided to find something different, something that was already in stock. We went looking a few different times and finally found this. We love it! 




It's full of browns and grays and looks awesome with our cabinets and flooring. 


My Dad came up and helped us install the new garbage disposal and sink. Yay!


While Dad was doing that Kory and I removed our existing "kitchen" of 2 years. I remember the night well that we installed our temporary kitchen. At the time we thought it was just for a few months. Little did we know it was going to be 2 years. It has served us well and I was almost a little sad to see it go. 


But now it's gone. 
Now we can walk around the island comfortably. 


Over the weekend we were able to finish the wood floors. I love it! I love the 2 toned wood finish. I love the counters. I love that our floors are done and it is so, so much easier to sweep. I have sat several times at my kitchen table and just stared at my kitchen is awe. It has been so long since we have had a decent, working kitchen. I love it. We ordered our stove but again thanks to Covid we won't have it until the end of October. But its a great feeling to know it is on its way. We are so close to being done.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Master Shower

People keep asking what's left on the house?  The upstairs is 100% complete. Yay!! There are 3 things left in the kitchen, 1) Back splas...