Monday, September 24, 2018

A Random Saturday

This past week I got super, super sick. Like so sick that I dragged myself to the doctor. I hadn't been to the doctor in 6 years!
After putting all my symptoms together; fever, hot and cold chills, achy body, super bad congestion on top of what the Doctor discovered that I had no idea about ; super super low blood pressure. So low they took it 3 times and kept asking me if I felt light headed or dizzy. Plus he could tell I had asthma which I did as a kid but haven't had an episode since I was a teenager. Not to mention that no doctor in the past 20 years have told me I had asthma. Anyways all of this and then knowing we had taken down 3 brick walls that had dead mice, feces and their nests. We decided that I had the Hantavirus. This is a super scary virus. It has a 39% fatality rate. Oh my! There's no definite test to take to confirm. Nor is their a treatment. People are put in the hospital for breathing treatments. I wasn't super bad yet and could still breathe pretty easily so I came home after my doctors appt. However I knew that if things took a turn for the worse I needed to get myself to the ER pretty quickly. I pulled out our own breathing machine so I had it ready just in case. I went to bed when I got home from that appt on Tuesday morning and I really don't remember much of the rest of that day or the next. Kory took care of the kids and dinner time. Thursday afternoon I was feeling better and have slowly but surely returned to almost normal. It's a little scary to think what could have happened! 

On Saturday, Sept 15th we did a few little small projects. I was still recovering and we didn't have a full day like normal. It was Stake Conference Weekend and Kory only had until about 3:30 before he needed to get ready for his leadership meetings. 
When we get out of the shower we were basically in one big open room. Right in front of you was this window looking into our neighbors back yard. We could often see Bro. Trump mowing his lawn , taking out his trash or just being in his back yard. Not wanting to offer our neighbors a free peep show we hung up some blinds we had ordered the previous week.  

  

Not only did we have the window right in front of us but if you looked to your Left you could see right into the 1st bedroom we got finished and through its window. So not wanting to "flash" the nieghbors across the street we hung that blind too! Plus this will help the little kids sleep longer with the sun not shining into their rooms so early in the mornings. 



We also went ahead and hung some blinds above my computer. It gets so bright over the computer that I have a hard time seeing and working in the afternoons. I'm loving the privacy we've had the past few days.

We were able to frame one wall. The wall that will separate the new kitchen from the old. It's where this island use to be. I must have forgotten to take a picture cause you can barely see it in the below picture.  

Tuesday, Sept 18 Kory framed the outside wall of our future laundry room. Our double oven is still sitting in the middle of the floor. We can't frame anymore walls until we get the new plumbing ran into that room. So that's going to be this weekends plan. It's definetely coming along.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Master Shower

People keep asking what's left on the house?  The upstairs is 100% complete. Yay!! There are 3 things left in the kitchen, 1) Back splas...