Thursday, May 16, 2019

Upstairs Floor

Thursday May 16th

On Saturday April 27th my kitchen sink became our outdoor sink. It had running water but my counter no longer had working electric plugs. They were torn out on accident when the rest of the house was torn down. Meaning no dishwasher and no garbage disposal. 

Being my sink and counter was outside and it is ALWAYS windy here my sink was always dirty and full of dirt. I would have to clean it everytime I needed to do dishes. With a family of 7 I feel like the dishes never ended sometimes. We kept a tarp over it when it rained or at night (just in case it decided to rain) but the tarp wasn't new either. It was dirty from the get go and let's just say it got old real quick. Both the dirt and washing dishes by hand. 

Last weekend, May 4th, we had to move my kitchen sink and drawers so that we could break up the old slab. I lost my running water! We'd plug the sink, fill a 5 gallon bucket with hot water, dump it in both sides of the sink and then wash and rinse. If kids were home we'd dry and put them away. If not I'd put them in the dishwasher to dry. I could then drain the sink but remember we're not hooked up to plumbing! So everything went into a 5 gallon bucket!

I would then take that bucket and go water our fruit trees with it. It was hard, water is heavy and  I hated every second of it. It really made me appreciate those woman who use to fill their water jugs in the river and carry them home. We are spoiled! 


A few days during the week my Mom became my angel. She'd come collect my dirty dishes and take them home with her. A few hours later she would show back up with all my clean dishes. It was so helpful! I will forever appreciate those days! 

Kory came home from lunch on Monday the 13th to see my mom delivering my basket of clean dishes. He decided that 9 days without running water had been enough and he and I moved our sink and counter back over to the water hook ups. It is so, so nice to have running water again! He also re connected the electrical wiring so that I can have a dishwasher and garbage disposal. The things we take for granted!



Monday, May 13th after work while I was doing the dishes Kory and the kids started to lay down the flooring of the upstairs. I hate, hate, hate being up high! I can not find the words for the anxiety it causes me. Just know that I hate it. The anxiety gets worse when I hear my kids running up there. Eeeeek!
So to make sure no one accidently runs off I dragged my tushy up there and helped. My heart raced the enitre time I was up there. So glad my kids don't feel the same way. 

Miss Kylie started out by making sure the ones of us with drills had screws. 


Brayden got pretty good drilling the screws in. 
He was doing awesome!

Emily helped screw the sheets down too. 


Only having 2 drills we had to take turns. 
So Brayden volunteered to draw the lines for all of us to follow while Kylie took a turn at running the drill. 

This has been a busy week with the end of school fastly approaching. Starting this past Monday we've had a school event almost every night this week. So it's mostly been Kory, my Dad and Hunter if the school event wasn't for him and then of course the 2 littles. By Wednesday the entire floor was layed and screwed off. Yippee! This Friday and Saturday we hope to get the upstairs framed. This is so exciting! It is so awesome to see it coming together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Master Shower

People keep asking what's left on the house?  The upstairs is 100% complete. Yay!! There are 3 things left in the kitchen, 1) Back splas...