Sunday, May 20, 2018

Two new walls

Saturday, May 19

This weeks project was to build the wall that separates our current master bath from our master bedroom. Trying to build a floor to ceiling wall when the roof, sheet rock and insulation is already on is NOT an easy project. If this was a new house, new construction with no roof pretty sure this little 10 ft wall would have been up in just a short 30 min. But it's not a new house and we do have a crap load of stuff working against us. We started by laying the green board, then Kory hung the top plate. Then with lots of hammering and pushing and hitting the boards from frustration Kory brought out the jacks again and we lifted the roof so we could get the dang studs in.  Because without the roof lifted the dang studs just didn't want to go where they were needed. It was just too tight. 

Brayden and Hunter helped! 

Once framed we sheeted the wall.  

This is what it looks from our bedroom side. 


This is the view from the bathroom. 

It will be nice to have privacy in our bathroom again. For several weeks now without that old brick wall the toilet and shower has been in our bedroom. This specific wall only took about 5 hours to get done. Ughhhhh! 

After our room, Kory wanted to add one more stud to the wall that separates our current front room from our future front room, aka (the kids room right now). This wall will actually one day meet up with the wall that we built earlier in our room. But to do that some of the old sheet rock had to be cut away, old insulation came falling down along with dirt and debris. 

All that nasty stuff not just fell on the floor but on top of the girls clothes, my freshly cleaned counters and my pile of clean dishes I had just laid on the counter to dry.  Times like this just make me so happy. NOT!!! 

Although it was 7 o' clock dinner was not ready. The girls and I had spent the last few hours following behind the men cleaning up after them. Whether it was putting tools away or rinsing my dishes off to dry again. So while the girls and I were getting dinner on Kory decided that he and Hunter would build one more wall. This wall, about 14 ft., went up in probably an hour. I was quite surprised. But then this area of the house is way more open than in our bedroom. All there is above our heads out here are the trusses and roof. We removed the insulation and sheet rock many weeks ago. So there really wasn't much in the way. 


Although things seem to be going so slowly and living in the house it really does feel this way, things are getting done. I am pretty thankful for this blog of mine. When life gets to be "to much" and I need a reminder for how far we've really come I hop on the blog to remind myself of our progress. People keep asking when we think we'll be done. I honestly have no idea! I tell them I "hope" by the end of the year. But I really don't know. This week is the last week of school. I'm really hoping that the kids and I can get some things done during the day while Kory is working. I know we won't be as fast as him and probably not as precise but we will do our best. When Madelyn is asked how our house is coming, her usual response is, "Well, we've got 7 people living in a 2 bedroom apartment".  Our family is so busy during the week with school and extra curricular activities that I hardly notice the way we live any more. The weekends are a little different, every ones usually home. By Monday morning I think we are all tired of living on top of everyone else and look forward to having somewhere to go. I'm really hoping we can have a good summer with our family of 7 living in a 2 bedroom apartment. Hahahaha 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Master Shower

People keep asking what's left on the house?  The upstairs is 100% complete. Yay!! There are 3 things left in the kitchen, 1) Back splas...