Sunday, March 4, 2018

Another wall gone.....

Another week has gone by and we are still getting rain and sometimes a little skif of snow. And it is still super cold! I know it's not as cold as it could be or even in other parts of Utah. But I can honestly say it isn't the easiest living in a house that rarely gets above 62 degrees. It's cold inside! Quite often we wake up and our room is 52 degrees. The same room that has had a gas heater running all night long. Brrrrrr! Next week the temps are suppose to be a little higher and I can hardly wait! 

 Saturday, Feb 31st we worked inside. Kory and Hunter took out the wall separating our old closet wall and bedroom. He also put in a window that was framed a few weeks ago. It's so nice having natural light in our room! We haven't had a working window since we moved in. In fact for several weeks our light wasn't working in our closet and I had to use a flashlight to make sure I was picking my two black shoes or my two brown shoes. 

At the very top of the wall was about 2 cement blocks deep just. They were filled with cement with a huge wire running through them. Super heavy and super hard to break apart. But they eventually got it. The girls and Brayden then threw the old brick out the window. It allowed us to move that stuff a little quicker this week. 

Unfortunately that brick ran into my kitchen too. Luckily Hunter noticed that our kitchen cabinet was coming away from the wall every time Kory beat on those dang bricks.



So I lost my cabinet for the day.
Hunter took it off so nothing got broken and then they hung it back up Sunday after church for me. 


It's a never ending mess! 


My bathroom. Sometimes I just want to cry. Knowing I'm covered in yuck and dust and so looking forward to a shower but knowing all that has to be cleaned up before I get that shower. Ugh....

We save the ripped out wood to burn since we are running a little low on firewood.  
I don't know what's worse the tarrying everything down or the cleaning everything up so that we can live in it. 


Look at all that new wood. Most of it came from my old closet. 
Hunter cut the long pieces short enough to put in our wood burning stove and then these two moved it from my closet closer to the fire. They are good helpers and love it when they have a job to help too. 


We had pizza again for lunch! It is so hard to stop and break away to feed everyone. I try to make 2 extra meals during the week and freeze them. One is intended for lunch on Saturday and the other is for dinner. This week I just didn't get to it so.... I ran out and bought a pizza for lunch and fixed spaghetti for dinner. 


And she's all cleaned up!


We've had mice in this house and bugs galore. I don't like mice and I really don't like bugs either!

It's just crazy to see the lack of seal this house has. This is whats left of the wall that separates our current family room from my kitchen. We have seen numerous mice run into this wall. Looks like they had plenty of space to go to. One day soon, I'm sure this wall will also go.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Master Shower

People keep asking what's left on the house?  The upstairs is 100% complete. Yay!! There are 3 things left in the kitchen, 1) Back splas...