Sunday, February 11, 2018

A new wall

This past week we have been very, very productive!
I asked Kory if we could, please, please, please get my washer and dryer set back up. I haven't had a washer and dryer since the day after Christmas about 6 weeks now. I have also started work, as it is the tax season and so my only day off is Tues, Sat/Sun. Saturday we work on the house, and Sunday is the day of rest so that leaves Tuesday. Thankfully my mom lives just down the street so I don't have to go to far but it is such an inconvenience. Washing and drying clothes for 7 people one day a week takes up my whole day! On top of that Tuesdays are the day the kids have piano lesson, scouts, activity days and at 6:45 I get to go hang out with the youth of our ward. Its my busiest day of the week!

Monday night I got home from work and to my surprise my washing machine was on and working. It was so nice the next day not having to set a timer and not running back and forth between our houses every hour.  


Tuesday morning we got word that we would have access to concrete on Thursday. Kory really wanted to be able to fix the north wall on the house so that we could start to frame the house. So Tuesday afternoon, while doing the laundry we cleaned out the girls room and my closet. Uck!
We moved the girls to the front room to join the boys. 5 kids in our front room now. 

Kory and Hunter screwed hanging rods into the beams running through the house to hold up everyone's clothes. This rod is holding the 3 girls plus our coat closet. 


This rod is in our room and its holding Korys and mine clothes along with more coats and jackets.  

By Tuesday night the rooms were cleaned out and ready to go. 

Wednesday night Kory took the skid steer and started knocking out the exterior walls. He took out both girls rooms, their closet and ours.

During one of the many remodels of this house someone glued 2 x4's to the exterior brick wall from the inside to make the master closet. Lucky for us when Kory pulled the brick it left their crappy, not insulated closet wall in place. This was so nice! One less exposed wall for us.  

So weird to see what use to be the girls bedrooms.  

Thursday morning Kory framed up where we would be getting concrete. The concrete came while I was at work so no pictures. Bummer! By the time I got home everything was finished.

Saturday morning came and our goal was to get that whole North side of the house sealed again. My brother Jonathan was in town and spent his morning helping us set the first framed wall. When Jonathan left Ben Sorensen and Cody Goodfellow came by to help us out.




It seriously took all day long. 
That morning the guys were wearing shorts and short sleeve shirts, it was warm outside. Even I had worked up a sweat. About lunch time we started to get some wind, it just got worse and worse and oh so cold. The men in shorts grabbed their camo/hunting gear from there trucks. They ended up finishing the wall wearing overalls, coats and hats. It really became quite cold outside. CRAZY!!

There were a few mistakes made, a few "lets frame that again" but eventually it was done! By 7pm the whole north side was framed and sheeted. We didn't bother routing out the windows. Figured it was less wind into the house. 


Not ready to stop for the night Ben and Kory hung the front door and 2 little windows.  

Then they hung one of the bedroom windows. 


I love it!
So many Saturdays we work from sun up to sun down and it's hard to see just how much we accomplished. But Saturday we got a lot done and I can see it! Yippee!
So very happy my house is slowly coming back together. We still have a ways to go but it's coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Master Shower

People keep asking what's left on the house?  The upstairs is 100% complete. Yay!! There are 3 things left in the kitchen, 1) Back splas...