Saturday, July 27, 2019

Painting the Walls

Our tape and texture guy wasn't suppose to come until this week. Lucky for us he came the end of last week which gave us a bit of a jump start. I'm certainly not complaining. Unfortunately I had made plans for the kids and I so that we wouldn't be around while the "workers" were here. 

Monday, July 22  we had several errands to run and spent most of the day in St. George. 

Tuesday, July 23 my kids were hanging out with friends so I spent the day cleaning my kitchen. I put piles and piles of tools and and left over supplies from several different projects away. I cleaned out the bottom of my sink and vacuumed up all the debri that's been pilling up like sheetrock dust, insulation, etc. It took me most of the day!

Wednesday, July 24th was Pioneer Day. We spent our whole morning at the park participating in the festivites. That night we began sanding the walls in preperation for painting. 

Thursday, July 25th The girls and I were up at 6:30 sanding the walls. We worked hard until 9:45am. At 10am I took all my kids and a few friends to Las Vegas to go to Wet n' Wild. After a 2.5 hour trip we got there just to be told they had seen lightening and we had to wait 30min. After waiting for almost 1.5 hours and still not being able to get in we headed home and stopped in Warm Springs where we spent several hours before heading home. That sheetrock dust went everywhere!


Friday, July 26th we were up at 6am and began our day. We finished sanding what we had missed in our haste the day before and vacuuming. Then Kory spent the time taping off the windows. 



Several weeks ago we decided to order an above the ground pool. We spend most of our evenings working on the house. During the day the girls and I are quite often doing little things or finishing up what we didn't quite get done the night before. Seems like its just been a summer of work, work, work! It was time to take the time and set this bad boy up. It ended up being a lot bigger than expected! But oh my goodness how we have enjoyed the water in our very own backyard. My kids are living in it. 


In between setting up the pool Kory was spraying our walls upstairs. By 10pm every ceiling/wall had a coat of primer on it. We hope to get it all painted tomorrow. 

Saturday, July 27th
We only had until 2pm to work. My youngest sister, Hanna, was going through the temple for the first time. Between finishing setting up the pool, helping someone who called asking for help and 2 different people "stopping by" to talk to Kory we almost did it. We had 2 coats of paint on all the walls!



My camera had a real hard time taking pictures. Cousins were in town so we didn't have the kids help. I was holding the light so Kory could see and trying to take picts at the same time. The rooms were filled with paint dust and my camera just didn't want to focus. Oh well.... We would have liked to get the ceiling painted too but we just ran out of time. That will be the first thing we do next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Master Shower

People keep asking what's left on the house?  The upstairs is 100% complete. Yay!! There are 3 things left in the kitchen, 1) Back splas...