Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Ceiling and Can Lights

Monday, July 29

We have a little taper tool that is suppose to make taping off so easy! We have two of them, one for the shop and the other for the house. Kory uses the one at the shop almost on a daily basis with no issues. The one at the house, same as the other one, is a pain! The tape is always bunching up, getting stuck and come away from the paper.  So after work Kory brought his taper home from the shop. Oh my goodness did it work better. Not once did we have an issue! We will definetly be returning the other one and swapping it out. 


After taping the walls off Kory began painting the ceiling. 


As soon as the ceilings had there 2 coats we took the tape off so it wouldn't pull the fresh paint off with it too. It worked perfectly! I love my walls. 


Tuesday, July 30
The plan today was to haul off all the huge cardboard boxes that the pool came in and finish up our brick path to the pool during the morning. Our back yard is all dirt and we're just trying to come up a temporary plan to help keep dirt/mud out of the pool when the kids are constantly in and out. One day we'll have soft, curl in your toes grass!

We had a bit of a lazy morning, more than normal. At 8:30 Emily went out to check on the chickens becuase they were squaking up a storm and we needed to collect the eggs. She came back in saying the coop had a ton of water in it and had thought that maybe the pool was leaking but didn't see any water coming out of it. I went outside to investigate and NO the pool wasn't leaking but our neighbors were getting irrigation. Sometimes the drains have a little blockage and our coop can get quite a bit of water in it. No biggie. An hour later I went outside to start hauling off boxes to discover 1/2 my back yard submerged in water. What the heck? Tried calling the neighbors but it went straight to voicemail. So I texted them both saying there was problem this morning with their irrigation. Emily had somewhere to be at 9:30 so I ran her where she needed to be. When I got home it was about 10 and Brayden and Kylie both had friends coming over for a "pool party". After eating a popsicle and me making sure everyone had sunscreen on we went outside about 10:30. Oh my heck! My entire back yard was flooded. 

The water was above my ankles and was right up to my back patio. There is 20 feet between my pool and patio. That was a ton of water!


I tried calling the neighbors and again it went straight to voicemail. So I went over to their house hoping someone was home. Their adult daughter was home, had noticed their back yard was flooded and was calling around to her family members trying to find someone who could come help. The owners of the house were serving in the temple and wouldn't be done until 12:30. The adults were all at work and so a 16 yr old young man showed up. Luckily he knew were the irrigation valve was (around the corner and down the street) and was able to shut the water off. What a muddy merky mess! So much for hauling off the carboard or laying my bricks this morning. Pretty sure that's not going to get done for a few more days. It's going to take some time to dry out! I'm considering it a blessing that we didn't get the pool pump set up last night that will be sitting on the bricks I was suppose to lay out this morning. It would have filled up with muddy water and could have ruined it.  

At lunch Kory and I began installing the can lights up stairs. When we ran out I headed to St. George to buy what what we would need to finish the upstairs.  


After dinner we got all the can lights done! The bedrooms/closets and family room. 

We are going to have 3 fans in the family room and one fan in each bedroom. I didn't realize how much of the fans we would have to put together from the box. It's not hard, just time consuming. Especially knowing we have 5 to do.  

We got one mostly done before Kory had to go to mutual at 6:30. That's right, Kory not me! 2 Sunday's ago I was released as the 1st councelor in the YW's. Last Sunday Kory was sustained as the 1st Councelor in the YM's. It's funny we had the same calling just in the different youth group. We didn't even get 1 Tuesday home together. Going on about 5 years now...... Maybe one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Master Shower

People keep asking what's left on the house?  The upstairs is 100% complete. Yay!! There are 3 things left in the kitchen, 1) Back splas...