Thursday, May 16, 2019

Rainy Day

Thursday, May 9th

Today was a rainy day!
It has rained several days over the past few weeks we had our house torn apart. But this morning we woke up to water inside. 
Uggghhhh!

Didn't know we had water inside until I got out of bed and my floor was wet!

Coming in from under our insulation back door. 


And in the corner of our temporary kitchen. 
It looked worse than it was. I was really worried about the sheetrock but it barely touched it.
We've had so much rain this season. I know we need it, really I do. But seriosuly I'm so done with the mud and that it stops us from working on our house. 


Several times throughout the day Kory and I would take our big shop broom outside and sweep the water off the slab. It helped the water from seeping inside the house. 


Being I was stuck inside all day I tried by best at organizing all our food storage we had to bring inside the previos weekend. I seriously don't know how we fit all that we do! 


I saved the one and only metal shelf that was in the cellar that wasn't bent all to pieces to store a lot of our canned goods. The rest had to go under kids beds. 


Our 5 gallon buckets of flour, sugar, wheat, etc and of course the water bottles have a new home in our hallway leading to the bedrooms. There just isn't any other spot for it all. So we're making it work. 

 Some days are hard. I feel like my house is closing in on me. We've got wall to wall of furniture and now food all over the place. But this too will pass. Hopefully sooner than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Master Shower

People keep asking what's left on the house?  The upstairs is 100% complete. Yay!! There are 3 things left in the kitchen, 1) Back splas...