Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Settling In

For the past few day's I have been trying my hardest to find all of our belongings a new home! 90% of our stuff got moved this past weekend.  I seriously feel like I just moved into a new house and trying to find a new home for everything. With out having a real kitchen, dining room and finished rooms it has been a little daunting. But I think we're about there. 

Standing in front of my front door. I've got 2 pantry shelfs (can't see them in this picture), 2 refrigeraters and a freezer on the left. To my right we've got 49 boxes of mudd to tape and texture the house with (can't see them in this picture). From here you can see my make shift door leading out to what use to be my kitchen. 


A little closer to that back door. If I keep the table up against the wall when its not being used we have plenty of room to walk around it. To the right is our family room/office. 

Look at that! No more bins, ladders or tools sitting in the middle of the floor. 
We've definetley got wall to wall furniture going on.  

We have enough room to sit on the couch and visit with each other. 
My oven is still in the family room but at least I still have one. 

I'm standing in front of the make shift door leading out to my old kitchen. 


Girls room. 
We were able to get all 3 beds plus a desk to fit. 
WooHoo! 

Our bathroom is NOT completely done but is going to have to be like this for another few days. Kory's currently out of town at the moment. When he gets back he's going to build me a cabinet that will hang above the toilet for us to keep the towels in. At the moment everyones bath stuff is in those 6 drawers and cleaning supplies are under the sink. At least it's clean and tidy. One day our tile guy will come back and will gout around the toilet and the floor. 


Our laundry room has it the worse! I've got bins of stuff. Picture frames and decor that are too large to allow the lid to be put on. I really don't want this stuff outside where bugs can get into it. And so it's going to have to be here for a while. Many weeks ago Kory finished all the electrical outlets in here. So instead of the counter holding laundry baskets full of folded clothes it now holds my microwave, toaster, vitamix, crockpot and rice cooker. The only other working outlet is behind my couch in the family room. I used it on Sunday but what a pain. My couch was half way into the middle of the room while everything cooked on the floor. So annoying! This new set up has been great the past 2 days. 


My 3 burner stove is set up once again outside. I took pictures while I was making dinner tonight. Hence the pots on the stove.  

It has been raining here the past 3 days off and on. We're trying to protect the new sheetrock in the bathroom and laundry room. The back of those rooms is exposed and is what is behind my kitchen sink.  So we screwed the top of a tarp as high as we could to protect it. The tarp is big enough that it covers my counter and drawers.  It was a real pain to keep putting it up and down several times a day. This afternoon I was able to roll it up and keep it up with bungee cables. When it begans to rain again I was able to quickly unroll it and cover it again.

It's most definetly uncoventional. It's weird to be outside cooking dinner with my kids jumping on the trampoline right behind me, seeing the neighbor kids playing next door or riding their bikes up an down their long driveway. I feel like we're camping and I'm outside getting dinner ready. But I imagine like everything else these past 14 months that I will get accustomed to it pretty quickly. This will become my new normal. I'm not feeling quite so overwhelmed now that my house feels clean, tidy and orderly. Well as orderly as it's going to be for now. Hahahaha 
I almost feel like I can make cookies, scrapbook or just sit and relax again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Master Shower

People keep asking what's left on the house?  The upstairs is 100% complete. Yay!! There are 3 things left in the kitchen, 1) Back splas...