Saturday, March 2, 2019

Washer and Dryer Hook ups

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

I have been without a working washer/dryer for 2 weeks.
Luckily my Mom is just down the street but I'm working at H&R Block again this tax season and my only day off is Wednesdays. It's hard to get our family of 7 laundry done in one day! In fact it usually takes up my entire day just doing that. 
I was getting ready to take the laundry down to my mom's again when Kory came home and stopped me. He said he was going to hook the washer up for me right then. He had hooked up the dryer earlier in the week after work because he knew it wouldn't take to long.

It took Kory and I from 9:30am to 3:00pm to "fix" the plumbing. 
We had to pull our kitchen cabinets away from the wall so Kory could get back there.   


And then it was like playing with legos. Trying to figure out which pieces of pvc pipe to use to make the correct shape and slopes for the washer and sink to use the new sewer line. It took a few mistakes like forgetting we needed a pea trap and having to do it over again. It was a bit frustrating. But he finally got it! Then we got to put the cabinet back and then hook up the washer. 


I love my laundry room!
It made me cry. 
I was able to actually wash our clothes from home. Granted it had only been 2 weeks. 
I loved being able to pull clothes out of the dryer and hang them up immediately. I haven't had a rod in my laundry room since we lived in Alton. More than 4 years ago! I have a room to seperate my laundry piles in  instead of on the bathroom floor or hallway. And I have a counter top to fold on and a place other than the floor to keep my baskets. 
It's amazing! 
The things we so often take for granted!
We need to install the door and put down the baseboards and then this room will be finished!


Saturday, March 2 2019

This past week Kory and Hunter were able to hang our laudry room door. 


And the 2nd bedroom closet door. 


It's coming! We were hoping to do baseboards and casings today but Kory got held up in Arizona and wont be making it home until this afternoon.  It's so nice to see changes again. I'm so ready to get this house done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Master Shower

People keep asking what's left on the house?  The upstairs is 100% complete. Yay!! There are 3 things left in the kitchen, 1) Back splas...