Monday, January 8, 2018

A mess!

Life's not easy living in a home during a major remodel. In fact there are days I don't want to get out of bed because of the mess. And so I take one day at a time...... 

All of my kids are displaced right now. We've had to move both boys into the front room. The above and below pictures is what you see when you walk in my front door. A freakn' crazy mess!!!


I don't have that wall and fireplace anymore buy I've got a wall of stuff! Stuff that can't go outside. Stuff that we use every time we work on the house! Stuff that we don't know where to put it so it stays where it's at. Like the 4 new exterior doors leaning up against the wall and the windows for the garage. It's hard. It's stressful. It's rough. I cringe when someone comes to my door. I don't want them to see my house like this. So un-orderly! We've been without a working washer and dryer for  14 days now. My mom graciously took all my laundry about day 5 and did it all for me. Bless her heart. It was so appreciated! About day 11 I used my neighbors washer and dryer while she was out of town and got it all done. I've got another few days and then I'll probably have to do it again at my mom's once more and then hopefully we'll be ready to get them working again. Cross my fingers!!


Every Monday the kids go off to school and I "try" to organize it. Put all the plumbing parts and pieces and tools in the same spot. Put all the drills and other hand tools in one spot. I can usually see a little of my front room floor. Then Kory gets home and most likely stuff is pulled our once again and used through out the week. Come Saturday night it looks pretty bad again. We come in after dark completely tired and exhausted. We go to church Sunday morning and come home and sit, play games with the kids or turn on a movie. We have no desire to do anything. Monday morning comes, everyone leaves and I start all over again. Trying to make my front room look somewhat orderly even though it may only last a few hours. I try.....



The little girls also lost their room. So we moved their beds into Madelyn's room. During the day Kylie's bed is pushed under Emily's giving them some room to move around. At night the bed comes 
out and it's wall to wall of beds. But they are surviving too! Madelyn loves having a clean room so she stays on them to pick up after themselves. We've all shed a few tears when it sometimes gets a little too much. 


Right before Christmas Day we got the call that our 5 newly ordered windows had come in. Not knowing where to put them that would be "safe". They ended up behind my couch in my front room. 




The day after Christmas we packed up the bedrooms and moved all of their stuff to my family room. Behind the back door we've got our closet for both boys and Emily.  The dresser you see is shared by both boys.  The new windows are still behind the couch. Kylie's clothes is kept folded in a dresser (in my kitchen) so she can reach her own clothes. 



Across the room in the other corner, by our tv we've got their toys. 
The kids are excited about their new "playroom". 

The wall behind the hanging clothes is where we keep the last dresser. This dresser is shared by both Emily and Kylie. It's also where we keep our laundry baskets since the tops of the washer and dryer have become a shelf for hand held tools. So much fun!!

Sometimes I wonder why we even bother to try cleaning. Saturday morning I had the kids clean the their new toy room, the girls room and both bathrooms. By the end of the night I wasn't sure why we had even bothered with the bathrooms. When we lifted the roof insulation, dirt and just yucky stuff fell onto our nice clean bathrooms making them look not so clean anymore. 



I keep telling myself at least when we go to clean this up we know it's just dirt. It's not dried pee and soap and dirt from us. It's not dried bodily fluids that's been there for who knows how long. It's just dirt from the attic! Right??? It at least helps me if I tell myself that over and over and over again. 

Our hallway to the girls room is still a little sketchy!
The black pipe you see is the new plumbing line. It is under the newly poured cement. When we get ready to do our new bathroom this hose is what we will use for the water line. The cardboard on the Left is covering the doorway that use to lead into the boys room. The white melamine wood we used to cover the entryway into the girls room also seen on the left.  We sealed the edges trying to keep the warm air in and the cold air out. It is now January after all. There is no more wood floor down the hallways just cold cement. 

Our pantry is no longer clean and bright but also covered in dust. This drives me crazy. I know everything is sealed in their cans or boxes but I just don't like seeing the dirt and dust by my food.
Crazy I know.... 

So as I said earlier, life is hard, life is a bit stressful and it's rough right now. But we really are trying to make the most of it. We are doing o.k. We will get through this! I will get through this. This too shall pass........  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Master Shower

People keep asking what's left on the house?  The upstairs is 100% complete. Yay!! There are 3 things left in the kitchen, 1) Back splas...